Directly from the Agile Manifesto
- Individuals and interactions over processes - and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
- Software Developers are not tools
- Software Developers are not machines
- Software Developers are not resources
- Frustrated with people saying the customer asked for this, in agile methodology you work with the customer and question things to get at the root of what is best not fucking do what they say without question. That is a top-down waterfall mentality!