Static and Functional Programming
- Reduces cognitive load\n* Makes testing straightforward and clear*
- Easier to build
- Known resources can be versioned
- Excellent post on this https://platform.sh/blog/containers-are-the-new-static-binaries
- This part is so true and earned from many issues that come with experience.
- Static typing is great because you really want the error to pop before you deploy the code and run it. Static tests are great because they are faster, and you can never really know what paths a running program will take. And statically linked binaries are great because easier deployments which also means faster adoption when you are doing Bleeding-Edge Github style open source. Static Immutable infrastructures are great because do you really want these kind of things to be where your bugs get expressed? And Static Containers can also be great. As long as you remember that “All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.”