Company culture is the by-product of consistent behavior. What you do always wins against what you intend to do. - Jason Fried
- Poor management practices
- Lack of autonomy
- Too much process, too many meetings
- People don’t leave companies, they leave managers
- Skip level 1:1s
- Multiple sign offs on promotions
- Managers don’t control tasks
- Focus on automation - safe to fail, how fast can you fix it
- Speed to rollbacks
- Avoid process
- Concept called error budget - How much time can you budget to then determine time
- 5 Whys
- Question all meetings
- No meeting Thursday
- Think Week
- Unlimited book budget
- Budget for training and conferences
- Opportunity across projects
- We are a distributed team, not remote workers
- Open communication
- How much process do we have?
- Do you feel productive?
- Do you feel like you are in too many meetings?
- Do you feel like you are given leadership opportunities?
- Do you feel like you’ve been given training opportunities?
- Culture is conflict